CAREERS: SCRUM MASTER
About the Role
Fastlane Solutions is looking for people who are passionate about Agile, Lean, SCRUM, SAFe and DevOps, and who truly believe in the agile principles. In this role you will become part of our supportive and dynamic team, delivering innovative products for our clients.
Playing a leading role in our Agile Capability Business Unit, you will lead Scrum teams throughout the E2E delivery life-cycle, helping them to work more effectively and collaboratively in order to deliver new features and improvements throughout their technology stack.
You will mentor and coach software engineers to foster high performance and enable Agile and Lean practices. You will lead and demonstrate Agile values and principles, as well as play a hands-on role demonstrating and facilitating Agile practices such as discovery sessions, inception workshops, sprint planning, retrospectives, estimation, daily stand-ups, tracking progress, etc.
In this role:
- You will enable clients to adopt and improve agile at project level.
- You will apply your Agile and Scrum experiences enhancing the delivery success of programs and projects.
- You will work on the edge of business and IT.
- You will perform interesting and innovative work activities at top-tier clients in different industries.
- You will experience fast professional and career growth, as fast as your capabilities allow.
- You will be rewarded with competitive compensation benefits. We recognise top performers and remunerate them accordingly.
- You will work in a multicultural environment, in which you will also improve your cross-cultural and language skills.
- Lead and support Scrum teams and individuals by facilitating Agile ceremonies, techniques and practices (for example story mapping, KANBAN, scrum ceremonies, story point estimation and backlog prioritisation).
- Support Product Owners to ensure that teams are delivering value to our customers.
- Promote, expand and introduce Agile practices in the teams, including but not limited to MVP, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, etc.
- Play a pivotal role in promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
- Help customers in understanding and formalising the business value of the business requirements and facilitate the prioritisation of product backlogs.
- Facilitate Scrum team training sessions, retrospective workshops and sprint / iteration reviews.
- Embody the Agile and Scrum principles and lead by example.
As a Scrum Master, you will be driven to empower teams to collaborate and to make effective decisions promoting adaptive planning, evolutionary development and integration, continuous delivery and continuous improvement.
You will have a deep passion for people and innovation, as well as the following key qualifications, skills and experience:
- Minimally a completed Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in the areas of Engineering, Computer Science, or any other related fields.
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in program and project delivery.
- Proven experience leading software delivery teams as Scrum Master (5+ years) in different settings, varying in size and complexity.
- Experience with Agile transformation.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) – Required.
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Strong technical background.
- Deep knowledge of several agile methods, frameworks and concepts (e.g. Scrum, XP, Lean Software Development, Kanban, LeSS, SAFe).
- Familiarity with software engineering practices (e.g. Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Automation).
- Great understanding and experience defining Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
- Scaled Agilist (SA) certification or SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) certification a plus.
- Having knowledge of processes in the areas of ITIL, Lean, Six Sigma, SAFe, Technical Project Management and Service Management is highly desired.
Place in the Organisation
You will be part of the Agile Capability Business Unit within Fastlane Solutions; an Australian-based consulting, training, and technology services company. You will work at clients across various market sectors and industries. You will become part of how we do things, how we innovate, collaborate, operate and deliver value. It’s how we interact with our clients – and each other. From giving back to the communities where we work and live, to inspiring our people, to serving our clients and creating value for our shareholders – in everything we do, we deliver excellence.
A work environment with a focus on personal and professional development. You will work with extremely talented colleagues on challenging and stimulating client engagements. We offer our employees a lot of learning opportunities in the areas of professional and personal development.
Fastlane offers excellent employee benefits, including:
- A permanent contract.
- Appealing bonus and commission incentives.
- Superannuation contributions.
- Laptop and smartphone.
- Annual contributions towards your professional certification needs.