CAREERS - AGILE COACH
About the Role
Fastlane Solutions is looking for people who are passionate about Agile, Lean, SCRUM, SAFe and DevOps, and who truly believe in the agile principles, determined to challenge and coach organisations / teams into delivering the agile principles and making the transition to experience its benefits.
In the role of Agile Coach, you are the agile expert, and in the lead to help clients adopt and improve agile at project or enterprise level. You will help organisations in transforming program and project delivery towards an Agile driven approach and manage and support corporate wide agile software engineering across the customer organisation.
In this role:
- You will apply your Agile and Scrum experiences enhancing the delivery success of programs and projects.
- You will work on the edge of business and IT.
- You will perform interesting and innovative work activities at top-tier clients in different industries.
- You will experience fast professional and career growth, as fast as your capabilities allow.
- You will be rewarded with competitive compensation benefits. We recognise top performers and remunerate them accordingly.
- You will work in a multicultural environment, in which you will also improve your cross-cultural and language skills.
- Design strategies for the organisational adoption of Agile.
- Define a maturity roadmap with the customer to drive an existing agile adoption to higher maturity levels by facilitating continuous improvement.
- Help customers in understanding and formalising the business value of the business requirements and facilitate the prioritisation of product backlogs.
- Investigate required changes in an organisation to start using Agile across business and IT teams or a mix of those.
- Implement Agile processes, principles and practices across all levels, teams and departments in client organisations by using techniques that promote a culture of experimentation and innovation and increase collaboration, predictability and transparency.
- Facilitate Scrum team training sessions, retrospective workshops and sprint / iteration reviews.
- Embody the Agile principles and lead by example.
- Coach business and IT people in using agile techniques (for example story mapping, KANBAN, scrum ceremonies, story point estimation and backlog prioritisation).
- Guide teams into the agile methodology, providing feedback and means of improvement, catalysing organisational growth and successful delivery.
As an Agile Coach, you will be a trusted advisor to client organisations / teams in how to set up, mature and scale Agile, making use of different Agile scaling frameworks. Next to this you are driven to empower teams to collaborate and to make effective decisions promoting adaptive planning, evolutionary development and integration, continuous delivery and continuous improvement. You will educate colleagues and clients at different levels on the agile principles.
You will have a deep passion for people and innovation, as well as the following key qualifications, skills and experience:
- Minimally a completed Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in the areas of Engineering, Computer Science, or any other related fields.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in program and project delivery, of which 5+ years will be in implementing agile techniques in different settings, varying in size and complexity.
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Proven coaching skills (e.g. communication, listening, intervention, empathy).
- Experienced in providing objective guidance, without personal / political considerations, not afraid to raise issues and to continuously drive behavioural change.
- Capable of convincing management, developers and business users.
- Experience with scaled agile frameworks like SAFe or LeSS.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I).
- Scaled Agilist (SA) certification or SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) certification a plus.
- Having knowledge of processes in the areas of ITIL, Lean, Six Sigma, SAFe, Technical Project Management and Service Management is highly desired.
Place in the Organisation:
You will be part of the Agile Capability Business Unit within Fastlane Solutions; an Australian-based consulting, training, and technology services company. You will work at clients across various market sectors and industries. You will become part of how we do things, how we innovate, collaborate, operate and deliver value. It’s how we interact with our clients – and each other. From giving back to the communities where we work and live, to inspiring our people, to serving our clients and creating value for our shareholders – in everything we do, we deliver excellence.
A work environment with a focus on personal and professional development. You will work with extremely talented colleagues on challenging and stimulating client engagements. We offer our employees a lot of learning opportunities in the area of capability and personal development.
Fastlane offers excellent employee benefits, including:
- A permanent contract.
- Appealing bonus and commission incentives.
- Superannuation contributions.
- Laptop and smartphone.
- Annual contributions towards your professional certification needs.
Then we would be eager to hear from you! Apply NOW by sending us your CV and motivation letter. For more information about this vacancy you can contact André J Joubert on [email protected]. An assessment may be a part of the selection procedure.